Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Poltergeist Much

Ok, here's the situation....

I got into a car accident in October. My dear Penny was totaled resulting in me needing to buy a new car.
Because I am a procreating goddess, I needed to buy something that would hold THREE carseats for kids who are NOT TRIPLETS!!


Thus, I bought a minivan. *shudder*


I got a pretty good deal. I was pretty satisfied at first. But then...
The poltergeist appeared!! Yes, a poltergeist! Da hell??? Town & Countries have those super convenient automatic sliding doors so when your carrying THREE KIDS for THREE CARSEATS & all the necessary baby accoutrement you can press a button and, voila, the door opens.

So, our doors worked a little too well!!! The passenger side door would open and close whenever it felt like it.... and it could go on for a really really really long time. I've taken it to the dealer multiple times to get it fixed. And each time they "fixed" it, it would act up again. Ummmm, do you know how UNsafe it is to have a door that will just open whenever it wants to... or close for that matter. It has closed on me before while strapping the boys in. Ummmm, da hell??

So, I filed a complaint with the transportation safety board, I've been in touch with the manufacturer... I even spoke with the regional manager of the dealersip where we bought it. All parties have said they'll replace my van but it may take a couple of months. Not only do I have my safety to consider, but I have 2 little boys I have to think about and in just a few weeks we'll have a newborn!!! I don't understand how this isn't a priority to people. Would they rather we have some sort of tragedy and then catch a lawsuit!! UGGGHHHH!!!

One night while it was at the dealer getting "fixed" a cop stayed out there and watched it in action for over 20 minutes. He then called me to tell me what he saw and asked if I knew that it did this. Ummm, yeah - that's why it's there! Anyway, I got his police report as added proof that something needs to be done. Now.

I'd like the poltergeist out of my van... it's scaring the children... and their mother!
Watch with caution..




No comments: