Monday, September 28, 2009

Dirty Thirty


Me & Ty at my bday eve dinner

It has arrived. I am no longer in my twenties. Very mixed emotions about this.... especially since it was only a special day to me. Perhaps I should have made my virtual countdown into a real countdown so my family and friends would remember that this day is actually kinda important. I mean, you only turn 30 once... oh well No use in crying over spilled milk. It would have been nice to at least have a birthday cake though.... :-\

I did celebrate some though! Ty took me out on Saturday night for a wonderful dinner on the water. We dined, he drank, we talked - and actually discussed things other than the kids... it was a really nice night. We got home a little before 11 and he said he wanted to give me my gift at midnight. Uhhh, as I like to say - good luck with that! I was asleep like 5 seconds after he said that! lol


my bday dinner!! soooo yummy!!!
*fat girl grin*

Anyway, I woke up on my actual bday and Sweetie Pie Ty gave me an envelope. Wanna know what was inside?? 2 tickets to see Maxwell!!!!! I ADORE Maxwell!!! I saw him in concert like 8 or 9 years ago and could NOT wait to see him again. At that concert, an up and coming Alicia Keys opened for him. This time, Chrisette Michele and Robin Thicke are the openers. I've seen Chrisette before and she puts on a really good show, but I have never seen Robin - and I am sooo looking forward to seeing him. He's so talented... I wonder what he's like on stage. Should be a good time! YAY ME!

You know a blog post wouldn't be complete without a cute kiddie anecdote! So, after church the boys and I went to IHOP for a quick lunch before going to our next church service. I was craving pancakes and I would NOT be denied! Not on my birthday!! LOL So we're there and the boys are just speaking to EVERYONE!! They're friendly kids, but they were in overdrive! At one point, Jordie tells one of the waiters (not our waiter), "It's my mommy's birthday!" It was so cute... he was so proud! LOL Fast forward to the end of our meal.... and who comes over?? Like 5 waiters singing happy birthday to me! It was so nice (since no one in my real life sang to me) and really quite pitiful all at once. I can only imagine the discussion they had before they came out...
guy 1: "hey guys, it's this preggo chick's bday today. let's sing to her!"
guy 2: "dude, why??"
guy 1: "b/c she's preggo and it's her bday and she's out there alone with 2 toddlers! i bet this would make her day!!"
guy 2: "how sad is that??!?! ok, let's do it!"

After they sang, this really old guy came up asking if he could give Jordie a dollar for his bday and another dollar to his brother. I told him that was very nice of him, but it's actually my bday and Jordie told the waiters. Old guy was all smiles! He was so proud of Jordie for speaking up... you'da thought he was his grandfather or something!! LOL Needless to say, I made 2 bucks at lunch!! haha

So, even though that's all to report on my 30th birthday, it was still a nice day. My uncle was installed as pastor at a church in Delaware so I got to witness some of that and also see some family that came in for that occasion. You know the boys were too excited to see MomB and Dadu! I'm glad we were able to attend (even though we left early.... toddlers working off no naps around dinnertime - yeah, it was time to go).

AND, today is my grandparents' 62nd wedding anniversary!!! Yep, you read that correctly - 62 years of wedded bliss!!! And I say bliss with the greatest amount of writer's privilege EVER! lol

All in all, it's been a nice weekend - but what I'm really excited for is next weekend!!! Maxwell, I'm coming for you - big belly and all!!! lol



So, if you're reading this and think I'm not grateful for my nice bday dinner and concert tickets.. you are mistaken. I'm very grateful, but still a bit hurt that no one thought me turning 30 was a big deal. I mean, can I get a song?? a cake?? something?? And yes, my parents and in-laws gave me cards and little tokens to acknowledge my bday - but if y'all can't tell by now - I am about the TIME and TOGETHERNESS wayyyyy more than the gifts! I'll take the $$ in the cards though! LOL

Ok, vent over. I'm 30 & I'm dealing...


No comments: